Protecting Your Privacy
At SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES we value our customers and take your privacy seriously. You can rest assured that we’ll protect and respect your personal information and privacy.
Our commitment to you is to collect only the information we need to conduct your business and to adhere to industry best practices in handling and protecting your personal information.
Protecting your privacy is important to us at SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES.
Personal information collected
Personal information is information that relates specifically to you as a customer. We may require the following information depending on the service or product you want or the benefit you’re receiving:
- Name, address, telephone and fax numbers, along with email address
- Age, gender, marital and family status
- Identification numbers
- Insurance claims history
- Driver records
- Education and employment history
- Financial or property information
- Physical- or mental-health information, including prior health and treatment history
Protecting your privacy
SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES will protect your personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. To provide further protection, we will:
- Obtain appropriate consent from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information
- Retain personal information only as long as necessary
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for anything other than the identified purposes, except where required by law
- Strive to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information
- Respond to any request from you to access or correct your personal information
Using your personal information
SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES, as your broker or your licence issuer may need to collect your personal information to:
- Verify your identity
- Confirm your application information and understand and assess your insurance needs
- Provide driver licencing and vehicle registration products and services
- Meet our photo identification and safety mandate
- Underwrite insurance risks on a prudent basis
- Provide the benefits to which you’re entitled
- Establish and maintain a relationship with you and respond to your inquiries
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraud
- Comply with requests from law-enforcement agencies
- Compile statistics for research or product and program development
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Notify you of other products and services to meet your needs
To meet the purposes just listed, we may need to obtain or share your information, but will do so only when a legitimate business purpose exists.
Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
We may obtain your consent:
- In writing, such as a signed application or consent form
- In person or over the telephone
- Through your authorized representative
Some legal exceptions exist. Please be assured that SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES will follow best practices and will collect, use or share your information only as required to do so for legitimate business purposes or for legal reasons.
It’s your information
It’s your right to refuse permission to obtain, use or disclose your personal information. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you chose to exercise these rights, we’ll continue to make every effort to provide you with quality products and services, but we may not be able to do so.
To ensure that SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES has accurate information please notify us when there are changes to your personal information.
If you want to:
- Access your personal information or have your information corrected
- Change your consent with respect to how we collect, use or disclose your personal information
- File a complaint about our privacy policies or the manner in which we’ve handled your personal information
- Inquire about any other privacy questions or concerns
SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES Chief Privacy Officer
3126 8th Street East.
Saskatoon, SK S7H 0W2
Telephone: 306 955-4600
If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of an inquiry or complaint handled by SASKATOON INSURANCE AGENCIES’ Chief Privacy Officer, you may address your concerns to:
Office of the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
503 - 1801 Hamilton Street
Regina, SK S4P 4B4
Phone: 306 787-8350
Toll-free within Saskatchewan: 1 877 748-2298
Fax: 306 798-1603